Tuesday, April 10, 2007

How to Win the Big Game

Players often ask me how to come through in the Big Game.

What should they do differently? What does it take to be, say, like Jeter who seems to play great in Big Games.

Well, instead of answering that myself today, I'm going to pass on email I got from a guy whose been succeeding in the Big Game world for over 25 years.

Bill Farley is a big game hunter. He leads expeditions hunting big game animals.

Check out the pictures at http://FarleysAdventures.com

He wrote me about what it takes to succeed in hunting big
game:

"Yes the mental aspect is critical in any part of life.

"Most people do not realize as you have just done how important of a role it plays in the Hunting and Outdoor Adventure aspect of this Industry.

"Most people look at the physical preparation, much as what you describe regarding Baseball, but do not realize how critical the mental aspect of maintaining a healthy positive attitude is to the overall success of the trip.

"Much more important than the physical aspect.

"I have dealt with clients in this business for over 25 years, and they all expect that because they pay and have the money to pay for an adventure assures them of success, but fail to live up to their half of the agreement, which is to remain positive and focused amongst other things and not give up.

"Often by the 2nd day of a life long dream hunt the lower lip is hanging if they have not taken that trophy of a lifetime.

"I cannot express to you, how many hunts I have been on where I was successful after MANY days in the field, and how my failure to quit, and attitude and persistence have played a huge part in the many successful trips I have personally engaged in." Bill Farley

------

Well, there you go. Stay positive and focused in the face of adversity.

How many players take the big buck lessons yet hang their lower lip when they don't succeed right away?

The key to being great in the big baseball game is to stay positive and focused every day. You don't do something different on the big games, you do your routine every day.

Then you do your routine on the big games.

Tom
Dr. Tom Hanson

p.s. One of the things I value in the stuff I teach is how they are life skills, not just baseball skills. Bill says the stuff I talk about he'll use on his hunting trips.

You may not be into hunting big game, but you players will be job hunting. You will be "hunting" for a lot of things throughout your life.

Hitters -- ever hear the expression "hunt your pitch?"

Learn how to be a big gamer by taking me up on my offer to get my Confidence Conditioning program at no charge when you join the Baseball Gym for just one month at http://www.BaseballConfidence.com/Join.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home