Friday, February 2, 2007

Why Pros Fall Short

An interview on the Huntsville Stars (AA) homepage
underlined for me where most professional teams fall short
in their training and player development...

(Interviewer) Pollock: "The emphasis in the minor leagues is on player
development but there is some importance placed on winning,
how important was it, how much can the players learn from
the battle through adversity in a tough first half that
lead to a second half division title?"

Sandy Guerrero (Hitting Coach): "The minor leagues are for player
development, both physical and mental. When you develop
their physical abilities well, their confidence grows and
along with it, their mental approach to the game is more
focused. It is what is called a winning attitude."

I totally agree with Guerrero on this. When you get better
physically you do tend to gain confidence.

This is the approach most commonly used in baseball. There
is nothing wrong with it, many championships and great
players have been made with it.

But I consider it the "Old School" approach. They get to
some degree that the mental game is important, but don't
focus on it directly.

To me it's like playing Play Station 1 when you could play
Play Station 3.

I don't have PS3, but I see it on the HD TV's in stores.
Wow. Very cool. The images are so realistic (in their
unrealisticness).

It's a dramatic performance improvement from my favs Pack
Man and Galaga. I hit Donkey Kong pretty hard, too.

Adding mental training, what I mostly refer to as
"Confidence Conditioning," to the physical training you
make a quantum leap in performance. Instead of jumping over
rolling barrels, you can be invading far away planets.

Instead of hoping confidence comes along with the physical
training, you can train for it directly.

So please start using the tools you learned it my "5 Steps
to Unstoppable Confidence" program (fr*e) at
www.FreeBaseballConfidence.com.

I want to you to hurry up and get skilled enough that you
see the benefits of going further with it.

Tom
Dr.Tom Hanson

p.s. In the gym this month I tell you exactly what to do
mentally while you physically train to "super condition"
yourself for success. Plus you'll hear Carl Yastrzemski
spill the beans on what went on in his Hall-of-Fame mind.
www.BaseballConfidence.com/Join.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home