Monday, April 16, 2007

How to Fail Like a Baby

My goal for this week is to fail like my baby.

Angelina is now 6.5 months old. Amazing to me, she pulls herself up to a standing position all day long.

(I'm pretty sure she's gifted).

But of course she also takes some terrible wipe outs. The kind that would put that ski jumper at the start of the old Wide World of Sports show (the one where the announcer says "... and the agony of defeat") to shame.

For you youthful readers that may not have seen that show, you may watch the "Jacked Up" segment on ESPN during football season. You know, the segment where they show the hardest hits of the weekend's games.

Angelina has had a few few times where Chris Berman and company would say:

"Angelina Hanson gets..... JACKED UP!"

She falls. She fails.

Then she wails.

Big time tears and howls. So Birgit or I pick her up and comfort her.

Fail and Wail. That's her strategy.

But that's not where she stops. When she's done crying she starts the climb again.

She pulls herself up to a standing position and smiles her big toothless grin and starts rocking to music only she can hear.

Then she pushes the envelope and crashes.

So now there's a third step to her formula:

Fail. Wail. Repeat.

Each day she's getting better, stronger. That envelope is being stretched right before our eyes.

So ultimately her formula is:

Fail. Wail. Repeat. Prevail.

Try it.

I know if I put myself out there a bunch this week I'll fail. I may even wail. But I also know if I model my girl I will ultimately prevail.

Happy Fails to You,

Tom
Dr. Tom Hanson

P.S. In order to fail in a way that allows you to prevail you must take action. You must do something.

If you want to prevail fast in your life or career, choose between a quick, potent coaching program:
www.HeadsUpPerformance.com/Jetpack_Coaching_Program.html
and a powerful performance system: www.ConfidenceConditioning.com

If you want to prevail fast in baseball, go to http://BaseballConfidence.com/Join.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home