Thursday, August 30, 2007

A Dire Warning

I've always enjoyed this quote:

"Sometimes the best thing you can do with your life is to let it serve as a warning to others."

The photo that usually goes with that is of a sinking ship.

Funny stuff.

Except when you're the ship.

Much of our success as humans stems from a highly developed ability to stay out of danger.

We're programmed to 1) get food and water, 2) reproduce ourselves (s*e*x) 3) avoid danger.

We "rubber neck" at accidents in part to see what not to do. Negativity sells on the news in part because our brain is trained to look out for danger -- to see what to not do so we can stay safe.

Such a warning came out yesterday.

You may have seen it. I don't ususally see things like this, so it's likely that you did too.

Miss Teen South Carolina.

I don't want to make fun of her -- I've choked too.

But for the reason's I've listed above, I think you should see it.

And then imagine the baseball equivalent.

See, if you go out onto the field under prepared, you run the risk of this happening to you. Let's just call it falling short of one's potential.

Not good. Especially in today's YouTube World.

More unforgiveable is to send players you coach or your son into the fray under prepared. You know powerful mental training is available, there's no excuse for watching a player melt down and fall short of his potential.

Knowing the power of the mental weapons I've got in my arsonal, I don't see a player reaching his potential without them.

In the coming days and weeks I'll be sharing more about the design and functioning of the mental game of baseball.

All my messages will end the same way. I want you to come to my Mental Training Boot Camp. I'm certain that all who attend will never be the same.

First, here's that clip I mentioned, the melt down. You might laugh ( I confess I did), but don't miss the lesson.
Train your brain for excellence and you avoid this....

http://www.BaseballConfidence.com/avoidthis.html

Then come back and get the low down on my Nov, 3-4 Boot Camp here in Tampa Bay at www.BaseballConfidence.com/bootcamp.html

Tom
Dr. Tom Hanson

p.s. And check out all the tools that can help you avoid crashing and burning at www.BaseballConfidence.com/Products.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home