Tuesday, May 15, 2007

It All Boils Down to This...

Yesterday I played in a golf tournament and had a softball game. A great day.

And great reminders of the heart of mental excellence.

I set a personal record with a 305 yard drive. The key: I got freed up and trusted.

We were playing in a best ball scramble and already had a good drive we could use, so I had no concern for the consequences. No attachment to the outcome.

I did my pre-shot routine (I added an amazing technique I learned Saturday from the June Gym interview, more on that later). Took my breath. Drew the club back, paused and let go.

There was effort but there wasn't. It felt like a lighting bolt.

Freedom and trust.

In softball we fell behind 6-0 after 3. We made a ton of errors, Bad News Bears stuff. I don't think any of the runs were earned.

But as a team we stayed focused. Kept supporting each other. Focused on keeping them from 7.

Sure enough, we broke lose for 10 in the 5th and won 13-9.

No matter what happens, or what the circumstances the game is to free it up and trust yourself on the present moment.

This shot. This pitch.

If you aren't playing a sport at the moment, it's this problem. This conversation. This book. This food. This kiss.

I've getting even more excited about the Baseball Confidence Gym. It's really taking off and I've got lots more powerful material lined up.

Here are some snippets from current Gym members on this month's CD that teaches simple, but highly advanced and potent breathing exercises. They're talking about what they've gotten out of the exercises.

Listen to how the exercises put them in a position to free up and trust themselves...

"Relaxed state of mind. More energy."

"I have been doing them once in the morning then again in the bullpen for an energy up. I really like the way it makes me feel. Thanks again Tom."

"Awareness of when I need to take deep breathes... and another step toward serenity."

"When I do the breathing I feel focused on the moment. I actually met a guy in the park that taught me some of this, but not to this level. I am excited."

"Relaxed and clear headed. Very Cool!"

"I listened to the CD and found that I have not been breathing as well I am able. I now focus more on breathing during the day."

"Confirmation of how valuable it is to breathe. Also, a way to work on energizing the system."

"It has a tendency to calm me down biologically and also it causes me to pause and give myself a chance to refocus or calm down."

Any of that of interest to you?

If so, try the Gym by clicking to
http://www.BaseballConfidence.com/Join.html this present moment.

In the moment,

Tom
Dr. Tom Hanson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home